Friday, April 29, 2011

Epsilon Family!

So I have a new little!  (old news but still exciting!)  It was definitely God showing me what He can do when I have nothing to do with the situation.  I was not planning on having another little in my sorority and I didn't really know any of our new members.  So it was out of the blue when one of my Delta Gamma sisters came up to me and told me that she heard that Allyson wanted me as a big.  She then asked if she could be her big instead of me since I already have a little (Kelly), so I said that was fine with me since I had only met Allyson once (which happened to be at church, but we didn't even get a chance to even talk).  Later that night I got a call asking if I would like to be Allyson's big!  I explained that I said another sister could have Allyson as a little, so I was told that I would be called back while a decision was being made.  After the phone call I prayed asking that God's will be done.  If God wanted me to be Allyson's big then I would know that God had big plans for our relationship as big and little.  Right after my prayer I got a call back.  Again, I was asked to be Allyson's big!  I'm now the proud big of Allyson, my littlest little!


Above:  the anchor I made for Allyson (front and back).  The design on the back is from a ring that I noticed we both had.  Below:  Allyson and me at Big/Little reveal : )


One day at the park Allyson told me her side of the story of how we are big and little.  She didn't know who she wanted as her big.  However, she wanted her big to be someone she wasn't already friends with and she wanted someone who was going to be a positive influence in her life.  She figured there was something different about me since me met at church.  She felt that God had led her to choose me as her big!  God wanted us to end up together!!  That same day at the park I asked her what she had thought about Campus Crusade (I had invited her to CRU the previous week but didn't get a chance to ask her what she had thought about it.)  She did enjoy it but didn't think she would be able to go every week.  She was also wanting a more one-on-one environment so that she could comment and ask lots of questions! PERFECT! I had been wanting to ask her if she wanted to start a discipleship relationship!!  God planned this out so well!

So we have been meeting once a week and going through a bible study called The Gospel-Centered Life.  So far we have gone through two of the lessons and it has been going great!  I look forward to seeing everything God has in store.  This has been an awesome experience to really share my faith and grow in faith with my little and sister in Christ!

In CRU my group (the m-track or multiplication track) has been learning about discipleship and what it looks like to disciple someone.  Samantha has been discipline me for a year and I'm passing on the legacy to Allyson! Multiplication in process! 

Above:  this is the paddle that Allyson made for me!! (front and back)

I love that we both incorporated bible verses on the paddles we made for each other! I hope that God remains the center of our relationship and that everything will be very real and intentional.  Sometimes I get jealous of the friendships that I see she has with some of the DG sisters but I have to remind myself that our relationship might be different but in a very good way!  Allyson and I might not have the closest relationship yet but we have Christ in common which is the most important aspect and that bond will continue to grow and bring us closer together because we both love God!!

My beautiful Epsilon Family - with our two additions to the family!
Tiffany (big), Alycia (twin), Alisha, Kelly (little), Amanda,
Allyson (littlest little), and Chelsea (my grand little - Kelly's little)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment