Friday, March 5, 2010

DG Bible Study 2

Is the foundation of your faith in God strong enough to withstand the storms of life that will inevitably come?

Not at all like Job, who even after his house, animals, possessions, money, and children were taken from him, he was still able to remain faithful to God. I would probably respond like his wife, who didn't remain faithful to God, if I had to endure anything close to that of Job and his family. I feel like my foundation has slowly been deteriorating or wasn't much to begin with. I'm struggling with building a strong foundation and completely putting my faith in God. Unfortunately I usually turn to Him last.

What am I doing to build on my foundation?

I've been going to The Village Church, DG Bible Study, and my lifegroup when I can. Occasionally I have read my bible and pray, I'm working on this but I'm not as often as I should. I keep telling myself that I need to work at it, but I always put other things 1st that are of less importance or out of selfishness. I need to read more often. I need to pray and simply spend more time getting to know God on a more personal level, like a best friend.

What is one new thing you'll begin doing this week to further strengthen your faith?

SPEND TIME! Pray and read. I also want to start going to Axcess again.

No comments:

Post a Comment